1/9/11

Tomorrow....

So.....I wasn't going to keep updating every time I packed a new item...hence the lack of posts recently.  But I finally have something very exciting to post about which is that I am within 24 hours of leaving!!  Tomorrow at 3:00pm I will officially be sitting in my seat for the next 10 hours.  I have NEVER taken a flight that long and have been racking my brain to figure our how I will be filling the time.  Of course my little friend Tylenol PM will be quite the help but I have also gathered many different things to fill my time.  Thanks to my sister I have a book filled with every People Magazine crossword ever...she knows me too well.  I have also decided to bring a special selection of DVDs with me for the trip because there was no way I was spending 5 months without a movie to watch.  I thought I could go without but then I took a reality pill and picked my favorite 10.  I also have what feels like 100 London travel books because many of you may know that I hate being a tourist.  So I will read as much as possible before a trip to ensure that I look totally in the know when I get there.  Flagging down a taxi...no problem.  Proper tipping etiquette...mastered.  Navigating the tube....may take a while but I will figure it out.  So with my british pounds and passport in hand I will depart this lovely country tomorrow with high hopes that they will let me through immigration.  If not you may be seeing me before you know it!

2 comments:

  1. So exciting, Julia! I hope you have a safe trip to London. Have a marvelous flight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules, we have been thinking of you all day, and wondering how the flight is going. Hope all is well when you finally log on to this blog, and can tell us a bit about your first day. We love you!

    ReplyDelete