1/18/11

A Sunny Day

If you can believe it the sun came out today in London!  Everyone was horrified by the burning ball of fire in the sky until they remembered that there was such a thing as sunshine and was immediately excited by the prospect of a little vitamin D.  Don't be fooled...the high was only 43F but I think I'll take it.

Keeping with the food theme that seems to be recurring throughout my entire blog....I woke up for breakfast today.  Yes this is in fact the first time I have been up in time to eat breakfast in my dorm as I am STILL adjusting to the time change.  (Or that may be an excuse for laziness...typical.)  And in more food news, I had a tostada today!!!  Word has gotten around campus that there is in fact mexican food in London.  Where you ask?  The Whole Foods food court of course.  Was it the best tostada ever?  Not really but it was a bit of home and I'm sure others around me were disturbed with the speed at which I ate this marvelous tostada.  Ole!

Classes continue to go well.  My world religion's teacher explained today that he is not very religious.  Which we all laughed about.  He is actually really cool though and I think I will like his class.  I am also happy to report that I have made it to all my classes this week so far.  Something that my UW friends will know I struggle with on the first day for some reason.  The UK has a very strict attendance policy that is set by the government so no worries mom and dad, I will be going to class and not spending my entire time in a pub.

Because it was sunny today I went into Kensington Gardens, which is a part of Hyde Park, and took some pictures.  The sun was just setting and it was so pretty.  So please enjoy some of my favorites.







No comments:

Post a Comment