1/12/11

Bus Tour Around London

Today I got out of the Royal Borough Of Kensington and Chelsea (which is were I live), and went all around the city on a guided bus tour.  For the first time I was really hit by the fact that I was actually in London.  I saw everything from Westmsinster Abby to the Tower Bridge, the London Eye, and St Paul's Cathedral.  It was a really fun tour and I cannot wait to get out and explore more around the city.  I need to give a small shout out to my tour guide Shawn who was really funny and I'm excited because he is also leading the Jack the Ripper night tour that I'm taking later this week.  So here are some pictures from my tour today hope you enjoy.
Harrods!!! Just down the street in Knightsbridge
Piccadilly Circus.  The Time Square of London.
An Alphie for all of my ADPi sisters!
Yes they actually do have red phone booths.
This were both Madonna and Sir Paul McCartney got their divorces.  Apparently the judges still wear white wigs.
The Tower Bridge...which is not London Bridge but I went over both.
The Tower of London.  This is where 2 of Henry VIII's wives were beheaded. Ouch.
The River Thames with the London Eye and Big Ben in the background.   As you can see it was a gloomy day in London today.
I love how I managed to get 2 union jacks in this picture.  Parliament and some other pretty building?
What's up Abraham Lincoln?  You aren't British...?
I loved how there are gorgeous apartments above the Burberry store.

And of course....Westminster Abby.  Location of the Royal Wedding on April 29.  Still working on my invite.

5 comments:

  1. 1. Alphie is soooo cute :) You should take a diamond picture sometime... and post it on the facebook fan page. heee heee because we all miss you and would love to see you throw it up sometime. haha

    2. You totes should be working on the invite to the royal wedding... remember.. you're meeting the son of a parliamentarian and he will whisk you away to polo matches, sunday tea, and im soooo living vicariously through you right now.

    3. Oh and I was shopping online on a UK store... they have this place called Lipsy.. totally fun... its online.. so probs they have the actual store there... totes thought of you.

    4. I'm soooo excited for you and miss you tons. Lovessssss
    3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pictures! clearly by the royal wedding you will probably be dating some lord who will be invited any ways. I also agree with Amanda the Alphie is so cute!!!! way to find one in london! and I am soo jealous of all the amazing stores, you will have some prime shopping adventures!
    ~Annie D

    ReplyDelete
  3. happily stalking your blog and loving it thus far. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful blog & good post! iI like it.

    europa coaches paris Limousine & Party Bus Rental Service : http://www.europa-coaches-paris.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Post! thanks for sharing........

    Coach Rental and Bus Charter Services Grow in Popularity as More People Value Travel: http://www.europa-coaches-munich.com/

    Bus Charter Services Munich
    Bus Rental Munich

    ReplyDelete