1/11/11

Just Touched Down In London Town

As I write this I am looking out my window onto some of the most expensive townhouses in all of England...yes I think we can say that I like where I'm living.  Today was a VERY long day of travel...which was only complicated  by the very loud and annoying child who was screaming next to me for my entire 10 hour flight from LA to Heathrow.  I also managed to get my way through immigration and customs and wrangle my substantially heavy luggage through Paddington Station into a cab and safely made it to my dorm...Atlantic House at Richmond University.  The area is beautiful I just returned from a guided walking tour of the neighborhood and I past some very famous houses....well the famous people are mostly dead, like poets and such but some very swanky people still live here based on the number of porches and lotus' I'm seeing.  Let's leave it to say this is the nicest place I will ever live and I'm not going to take it for granted.  I was informed on my tour that I have the countries largest Whole Foods just around the corner which is very near the large Gap, H&M, and of course Starbucks.  So America is never too far out of mind.  I had a great time wandering through just the very beginnings of Kensington Gardens and saw the Kensington Palace where Princess Diana lived.  We also went past the Royal Albert Hall and for the inner 9-year-old in all of you....the final scene of Spice World was filmed there...this brought me great happiness.  Currently it is showing a new Cirque du Soleil called "Totem" and I might have to check it out.

The people here are very nice and friendly, everyone just trying to get to know each other.  My ADPi sisters will be happy to know that I found some greeks.  And yes they are from the south (I'm talking to you Amanda!).  In about five minutes I'm going to go to my first official orientation meeting so I'll have to end this quickly but just wanted to give you all the update that I arrived and that so far I am loving it!

To end I would like to express my happiness that Auburn are officially the national champions because no true Husky could ever cheer for a Duck!  War Eagle!

1 comment:

  1. First off, so honored that I got to be featured in your blog. :) Second, Yay that you found Greeks from the South! Third, everyone misses you tons... and I want to see pictures soooonnnn tooo.. :)

    pi love <>

    ReplyDelete