1/15/11

Boat Party!!

Last night was the culmination of orientation week with the boat trip down the thames.  Everyone got dressed up and we all took the tube down to the river.  After getting on the boat we took a four hour trip that let us see all of the best London attractions from the water!  We even went under the famous tower bridge twice which was one of the coolest views i've ever seen.  Please don't get mad but I don't have any pictures because I forgot my camera!! But I'm sure I can creep on Facebook and get some of the other people's pictures and show you a little later.  There was tons of dancing and meeting new friends and I had a really good time...until....I fell.  Yes somebody had spilled a drink on the dance floor, the boat rolled a little, my ankle rolled off my high heel, and next thing you know I'm on the ground.  The fall actually didn't hurt but my ankle hurt pretty badly.  BUT seeing as this was a dance party clearly I was not about to miss out on dancing to my favorite songs.  I was back up in about 5 min and forgot about my ankle until I got home when I took my shoe off to find it very swollen.  This morning it is a little better and luckily not bruised at all.  So there you have it, my first London injury.  I think you would have all been proud of the way I rallied to rejoin the party and made the best of the night anyways.  Champ!!

2 comments:

  1. Way to rally, J! Sounds like you're having a GREAT time so far! Hope your ankle feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules, it's been fun to read about your first week in London Town! It sounds as though you are doing very well, even though you hurt your ankle. You are already off to a great start! Have another great week. Love you...

    ReplyDelete