2/23/11

A Foggy Day...

It is really dreary here in London today...and bonus...I'm going on a walking tour for my History class today at 1.  Hopefully I won't freeze but at least I have 2 more hours of warmth before I have to go out and face the elements. Eek!

Yesterday was a very exciting day because it was monologue day in acting class.  Having not done a monologue in about 3 years I was a little anxious but was also really excited to get back to performing.  I chose to do one from the film Blood Diamond, which was a bit of a challenge because that meant I had to live up to the standards of the amazing Jennifer Connoly who originally did it.  My professor asked me where my monologue was set and I said, "well....Africa".  Surprisingly he was replyed with "I can do Africa".  He opened the side door which I found out led out to a little patio area that had been highly neglected as far as maintenance goes but it sort of looked like Africa.  So I sat against this rusty pipe and apparent looked like I was in Africa.  I haven't seen the play back yet but my professor said I did a really good job.  So it's good to know that I still have some of my old acting chops.

On another completely unrelated note, I recently found heaven in the form of a Frozen Yogurt place nearby.  I have been going through intense withdrawals from my lack of FroYo and when my friend Maggie found this place, I was so excited.  Not only is it fairly close (about a 8 min walk) but it's really good FroYo.  They even give you souvenir spoons if you order this certain special, which I have of course begun to collect.  It's been just over a week since we went the first time and when we went last night the guy that works there was like "hey girls!"  This is either awesome because he is pretty cute or really sad because we have been there 4 times already.  Either way it's fantastic and I love it.  I will let you know when we get on a first name basis....then you know my obsession has gotten to an unhealthy level.

Well that's all I've got for now.  Hope you are all having a wonderful week and pushing through this Wednesday...the weekend will be here soon!

Oh yeah and..
3 days until the Oscars
9 days until Canary Islands!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I've been neglecting my commentary duties lately! But thanks for the Birthday shoutout earlier! WHOOHOO!
    I just wanna know...do you have the Oscar sheets made up yet? We have to get our stars and hearts on! And no fair randomly assigning stars & hearts to the same one just b/c you think it will win! ;-)
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blood Diamonds was a great movie, but so sad, especially after hearing about Africa from Dillon. I can just see you out on that scruffy patio doing your monologue. I wish I had been in the audience! I'll be able to catch one of them when you become famous! Keep up the good work, and don't get discouraged with mid term blues! Hang in there, Jules!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete